I read an article today that made me laugh.
Apparently, Jesus may not look like what we think He should. According to the article, He may have had dark eyes, short, curly hair, and was bearded.
I had to shake my head. I’m unsure if Christ’s physical appearance would have an impact on how I feel about Him. However, there is one certain thing: if you’re a Christian, you may discover what He really looks like – sooner rather than later.
It’s true, Jesus may soon return for the Rapture of His Church. Here’s why:
Ecologically Speaking, It’s Getting Stranger…
Our ecological environment just keeps getting stranger.
Let’s be honest: the planet is dying. It’s depressing, but true nonetheless. (We need a new earth. Luckily, we’re going to get one.)
Our leaders know this. That’s why yesterday President Obama hailed the new climate accord as “the best chance we have to save the one planet that we’ve got.”
World leaders are discussing this because our planet is up in arms. Here’s a few statistics:
- Earthquake activity is steadily increasing:
- Magnitude six plus earthquakes have increased almost 39% from 2000 to 2009 since the previous reporting period, 1980 to 1989.
- Magnitude 3 plus also increased sharply, prompting the USGS to launch a scientific study to determine if the increase is natural or manmade.
- According to the USGS, the number of magnitude six-plus earthquakes has more than doubled since 2005.
- Animals are dying or disappearing – an indicator of weird weather:
- In June of this year, scientists found 337 dead whales in Chile in the “biggest single whale stranding event known to science.”
- According to Dr. Brian Riddell, president of the Pacific Salmon Foundation, while some salmon returned this fall to British Colombia from their annual migration, approximately nine million did not. If you understand fish migration patterns, you may want to read this:
“With test fisheries, people will typically use a bell curve [to project the size of the run],” he said. “We had roughly 40 per cent of the run in and it was on track with the curve, and then literally within two days it disappeared. It just crashed. … I have never ever seen, nor can I explain, a test fishery like that. The fish are coming in and you are following the proper pattern as they have for years and years, and then they suddenly just disappear. And we have not accounted for them.”
Dr. Brian Riddell, President, Pacific Salmon Foundation
Why is this relevant? According to Matthew 24, weather patterns will be unpredictable and unimaginably deadly during the end of time. It will increase as we approach the curtain draw.
The Global Economy Still Stinks…And It’s Getting Worse
The world has been in a global financial crisis for a while, but it keeps getting drearier:
- According to the International Monetary Fund (IMF) projected global financial growth for this year is down .3 percent compared to last year.
- International markets for raw materials (copper, oil, etc.) have dropped at an increasing rate, an indicator of pending economic depression.
- Global debt defaults have already reached double the amount in 2014 due to cheap oil.
- U.S manufacturing shrank for the first time in three years.
Why is this relevant? According to Revelation 6:6, the world economy will be awful during the last seven years on planet earth.
A World At War
With the global war on terrorism spanning, well…the globe, another war is ramping up in the Middle East involving Biblical players: Russia, Iran, and Turkey.
- Just yesterday a Russian warship in the Aegean Sea fired a warning shot at a Turkish vessel. This comes only weeks after Turkey shot down a Russian jet.
- Turkey’s foreign minister responded by saying Turkey’s patience with Russia “has a limit.”
Why is this important?
In the end times, there will be a coalition of nations which invade – and ultimately are defeated by – Israel. This coalition is led by Russia, and Turkey is included. Turkey has historically been on the fence about everything – to include its alliance with Russia.
It appears the age of Russian diplomacy is over. Bullying seems to be the order of the day. And because of that, Turkey may have no choice but to choose Russia.
Is There Any Good News?
If reading all this bad news has you down, remember there is a silver lining if you’re a Christian.
Psalm 37:3 says if you trust in the Lord and do good, you will dwell in safe pasture. Psalm 37:4 says He will give you the desires of your heart if you delight in Him. Psalm 37:11 says the meek will inherit the land and enjoy peace and prosperity.
You have a daily choice. You can despair at the headlines, or you can do as Jesus commanded: Lift up your head, for your redemption draweth nigh (Luke 21:28).
There really is hope, dear Friends. He has chosen that you live in these last hours, last moments, last minutes before time is swallowed up in the Presence of the Lord. He has placed you on what may be the edge of the Tribulation of Mankind so that you can be the light needed in the ever-darkening world.
Remember, as the world darkens, so your light brightens.
For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent and set me high upon a rock. (Psalm 27:5)
[email-subscribers namefield=”YES” desc=”” group=”Public”]