Even skeptics must admit it – the planet is in distress.
According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, 2015 was by far the hottest year on record. 2014 held the record previously. Experts have already predicted 2016 will be hotter.
Men, forgive me, but our planet is like a mature woman who needs to visit a cold room occasionally.
Other strange things are happening, too, and they may be a result of increasing temperatures.
- Animal Die-Offs: massive animal die-offs seem to be the norm now.
- An “unprecedented” number of dead seabirds are washing up on Alaskan shores. Scientists were stumped at first, but some have attributed it to starvation.
- More than ¾ of the UK’s butterfly population has disappeared in the last forty years, and no one is sure why.
- Oceanic Distress: our oceans are changing, and not in a good way.
- Phytoplankton, microscopic plants in the ocean, has been reduced by 20% in the Indian Ocean.
This is important because phytoplankton is at the bottom of the food chain. If it disappears, fish will starve, and global fish markets will be affected.
According to some fisherman, catching fish is already more challenging.
Has This Been Predicted?
The Bible says that as we get closer to Jesus’ Second Coming, a huge famine will overtake the world (Revelation 6:6). It describes a scene in which the earth’s inhabitants will ration to the extreme wheat, barley, oil, and wine.
Notice that meat, seafood, and water are eerily absent from this future famine.
Which makes perfect sense, because those three things are slowly disappearing from our planet.
Join us later as we discuss other strange events, to include the global water crisis, and how this also ties into Bible prophecy.
[email-subscribers namefield=”YES” desc=”” group=”Public”]